Aleks is a Senior Resolutions Manager and also a part of the newly formed Payment Team. We sat down with her to hear about what she does in and out of work.
What did you last rent on Fat Llama?
A Polaroid camera. I planned a bottomless brunch for my friend’s birthday – she was over the moon when she realised that Instax photos were part of her present!
What are you working on at the moment?
In Resolutions, we want to help lenders and borrowers feel at ease even when things go wrong – to know that there is a dedicated team and a solid and fair process in place. The project I’m currently working on is about making it as easy as possible for users to open Resolutions Cases. That way, we can assign users their dedicated Resolutions Manager even sooner.
What does your average day look like?
- Morning: I take some time to plan and then I follow up with any open cases and initiate new ones.
- Lunch: We’re all super busy but lunch is a good time to take a minute to find out how everyone is doing! Then it’s time for coffee (we either go out or I show off my barista skills and make coffee for the team).
- Afternoon: it’s hard to plan something specific as lots of things are happening at once, but I try to find at least an hour a day to work on admin – that can be improving comms, implementing new ideas, working on data etc.
How did you get to where you are?
I do not often think about that, but probably by being very persistent with everything I do – that specific rule applies to work, but also to my private life – I (mostly – because no one is perfect!) never give up.
Planning is really important to me. I like setting measurable, but challenging goals and doing my best to achieve them. That works well with gaining new skills, or perhaps perfecting what’s not quite yet perfect.
Believe in yourself, because if you don’t, who will?
What do you do outside of work?
I like keeping myself busy, so I am trying to use my day to the fullest:
- Gym and cycling – positive hormones to bring more energy to my day
- Music – I love singing and wish I had more time to practice
- Cooking– helps me relax
- Travelling – as that’s the food for the soul
- Languages – currently German
- Coding – I’m just getting started
And I also love playing with my cat…
Want to work alongside Aleks? Check out our current openings below.See jobs